Today (9/21), The Morning Thing celebrated World Gratitude Day.
World Gratitude Day has been designed to bring the whole world together in a day that is all about being thankful. World Gratitude Day joins organizations, nationals, and individuals in sharing their gratitude in a number of different ways. (from www.daysoftheyear.com)
This global celebration dates back to 1965. Click HERE to read more about the history of this special day.
The Morning Thing Co-hosts shared what they are thankful for today:
How can you celebrate World Gratitude Day?
Here are some ideas:
– Reflect on the many amazing things we have in our lives.
– Simply be thankful for the fact that you have woken up and experienced a brand new day.
– If you have a pet, your loyal pet is definitely worthy of your gratitude.
– You can also be thankful for the beautiful nature, which provides us with sunsets and many other blessings.
– Be thankful for our health.
– Be grateful for your job, which gives you a purpose, feeds your children, and pays the bills.
– Be thankful for the roof that is over your head. Some people don’t have a home to live in, and so this is something you should always be grateful for.
– Start a gratitude journal. Make sure you write down all of the things that you are thankful for. This is the sort of activity that all ages can get involved with. In fact, we think it is a great thing for children to do because it helps them to appreciate the things they have in life.
– Have a meal together and enjoy some family time.
– Create a gratitude jar whereby you can put in thankful statements throughout the year. You can then read through them on World Gratitude Day.
– Take the time to help those that are less fortunate than us. You can offer a donation or you can donate your time instead.
We also shared some powerful bible verses on thankfulness. Click HERE to see the complete list.
“Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
2 Corinthians 4:15
“All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.”
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
1 Chronicles 16:34
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”
“Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!”
(picture from The Royal Butler)