WNZR is honored to partner with Main Street Mount Vernon for June First Friday.
Downtown Mount Vernon will be busy with activities tonight (6/2) for June First Friday.
Look for Big Blue near the public square.
Stop by and register to win a special “Clean Up and Dress Up” prize basket for the family featuring:
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning! (Valued at $100)!
- Two $15.00 gift certificates for Premier Designs Jewelry with Amberly Frye
- Plus WNZR goodies including an “On the Road with Big Blue t-shirt, jar openers, keychains, candy jar, Frisbee, guitar flyswatter and more! The prize package is valued at over $135!
First Friday events are from 6 to 9pm in downtown Mount Vernon. The family-friendly activities include balloon sculptor Rex Naylor, corn hole, a classic car cruise-in and music from Kokosing River Surf Club on the public square stage.
WNZR R.E.A.L. (Rachel Rinehart, Eddie Dilts and Lilly Buckley) will perform at the south stage – MVNU’s Buchwald Plaza Gazebo.
Click HERE to hear a conversation with Rachel, Eddie and Lilly.
Other activities include:
– The America Red Cross Centennial (100th) Anniversary Celebration. Enjoy a slice of the anniversary cake on the Public Square. Pick up displays and information on the Red Cross at their table. Talk with current volunteers to learn more about our local American Red Cross of Knox County. Activities and giveaways will be available for kids.
– “Water Works” exhibit at MVNU’s Schnormeier Gallery. Artist Barry Gunderson imagines key moments of his life in relation to specific bodies of water and the metaphors that arise from each. The show continues until 6/23.
– Food vendors on the square
It is family fun at Mount Vernon’s First Friday presented by the Heritage Center Association – an Ohio Main Street program.
Traffic will be closed one block north of the Public Square, around the Square and on South Main Street down to Ohio Avenue starting at 4:30 p.m. (on Friday 5/5). (Gambier Street will remain open). Rain location for the band is the CA & C Depot at 501 South Main Street. If you have questions, please contact Brianna Cooper-Risser, Executive Director, at 740-393-1481. More details about First Friday can be found at www.mainstreetmountvernon.com.
The mission of Main Street Mount Vernon is to create and enhance the economic, historic and social development of the central business district and downtown Mount Vernon. First Fridays are held the first Friday of each month May through October.