Today on the Morning Thing, we talked with Carrie Hyman, executive director of Main Street Mount Vernon about July First Friday. She talked about the previous First Friday as well as what the plan is in case of rain. To listen to the whole conversation, click HERE!
WNZR’s Daria Swisher talked with Carrie Hyman about June First Friday. Carrie is the Executive Director of Main Street Mount Vernon.
Click HERE to hear their conversation.
Look for Big Blue on South Main Street near the Grand Hotel down from the square! Stop by and register to win a special “Shape Up, Clean Up, Drink Up and Dress Up” prize basket featuring:
- One 8-week kids Zumba session and One adult punch card for 8 Zumba classes from Zumba with Teresa and Lisa (Valued at $90)
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning! (Valued at $100)!
- One $25 gift certificate from Happy Bean Coffee Shop
- One $15 gift certificate for Premier Designs Jewelry with Amberly Frye
Plus WNZR goodies including an “On the Road with Big Blue” T-shirt, NIV Bible, coasters, cups, keychains, jar openers Frisbee, guitar flyswatter, magnets and more! The prize package is valued at over $230!
First Friday events are from 6 to 9 p.m. in downtown Mount Vernon. Main Street Mount Vernon will kick off the year with June First Friday’s “Summer Celebration.” There will be Kids’ Entertainment and family-friendly activities on the Public Square with the Mount Vernon YMCA, Sting Soccer, MTVarts and Knox County 4-H. You won’t want to miss the petting zoo by Hobby Horse Hill or face painting by Mount Vernon’s First Church of the Nazarene!
Click HERE to see a complete list of activities.
Please click here to check out the finalized map for June First Friday. If you have questions, please contact Carrie, firstname.lastname@example.org. See you tonight!
August First Friday is tonight in downtown Mount Vernon. For our Morning Thing Fave 5, we decided to share our favorite things about this fun event for families.
This week is actually a Fave 4 (we are missing Eddie Dilts and James Hubbard). 🙂
Join WNZR in downtown Mount Vernon Tonight for August First Friday!
Look for Big Blue near the public square.
Stop by and register to win a special “Clean Up, Dress Up and Checkup” prize basket for the family featuring:
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning! (Valued at $100)
- A certificate for 1 individual comprehensive eye exam with Amazing Eyes Family Vision! (Valued at $135)
- Two $15 gift certificates for Premier Designs Jewelry with Amberly Frye (one for you and one for a friend)
- Plus WNZR goodies including chip clips, hand fans, cups, Frisbees, guitar flyswatters and more! The prize package is valued at over $265!
First Friday events are from 6 to 9 p.m. in downtown Mount Vernon. The family-friendly activities include magician Jimmy Burcham, corn hole, a classic car cruise-in and music from Project Round Table on the public square stage.
Other activities include:
- TaVaci Select Performers followed by the Uncorrections will provide music at the South Stage – MVNU’s Buchwald Plaza Gazebo.
- A presentation for the winner of the local Guns vs. Hoses Blood Drive for the American Red Cross. This competition is between our local police and fire departments.
- The American Red Cross will host a bloodmobile at City Hall.
- A Hidden in Plain Sight event with KSAAT (Knox Substance Abuse Action Team) will take place at the Elks Lodge.
- “Outside” – an exhibition by the Creative Art of Women (CAW) will be at MVNU’s Schnormeier Gallery. In this exhibition, CAW explores the external forces and exterior surfaces that make up the world- whether structural, anatomical, or metaphysical. Each artist wrestled with the theme of “OUTSIDE” through her own lens resulting in a diverse view of what makes up the world outside ourselves.
- Show dates continue through 8/16.
- Food vendors on the square
It is family fun at Mount Vernon’s First Friday presented by Main Street Mount Vernon – an Ohio Main Street program.
Traffic will be closed one block north of the Public Square, around the Square and on South Main Street down to Ohio Avenue starting at 4:30 p.m. (on Friday 8/4). (Gambier Street will remain open). Rain location for the band is the CA & C Depot at 501 South Main Street. If you have questions, please contact Becky Glass, Executive Director, at 740-393-1481. More details about First Friday can be found at www.mainstreetmountvernon.com.
The mission of Main Street Mount Vernon is to create and enhance the economic, historic and social development of the central business district and downtown Mount Vernon. First Fridays are held the first Friday of each month May through October.