With Independence Day just around the corner, The Morning Thing found 5 family-friendly ways to celebrate the holiday this year!
- Host a barbecue for friends and family! Holidays are the perfect time to catch up with your loved ones. Use this weekend to reconnect and spend time together.
- Enjoy a local fireworks display. There are two different ones in Knox County, one at Ariel Foundation Park in Mount Vernon and the other at Fredericktown Community Park.
- Be patriotic! Surround yourself with red, white and blue! From the clothes you wear to the food you eat, celebrate with the colors of our country. If you needs some ideas or inspiration, check out Pinterest!
- Get outside and get active by organizing a family and friends softball game! Get the gang together and head over to a local field. But, make sure pack a picnic to enjoy after the game!
- Travel to our country’s historical sites. As you plan for future celebrations, use Independence Day to travel and see the historical landmarks of our history. You could visit our nation’s capitol, Washington D.C., the city where the Declaration of Independence was signed, Philadelphia Pennsylvania, or Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.
Happy Independence Day from the WNZR Staff!