Today is World Productivity Day, a day to focus on increasing your productivity at home and at work. We talked about the article, 24 Ways to be Uncommonly Productive Today. Check out this list below from Forbes.com. Which things do you need to work on today?
24 Ways To Become Highly Productive
1. Get up an hour earlier.
2. Use Sunday evening for planning the week.
3. Say no. (the power of constraints). Ignore. Focus only on the thing you’re looking to achieve.
4. Get a cleaner and stop spending your precious hours on this task each week (your time is worth a lot more)
5. Turn off your emails on your phone
6. Use a simple to-do-list and only put THREE things on it to get done each day
7. Plan your day according to the most important, biggest task, not the smallest and easiest.
8. Avoid meetings at all cost. If you have to go have one specific outcome in mind
9. Know what the next step is at the end of every conversation
10. Use Leechblock (Firefox Extension) or Nanny (Google Chrome) to block out times when you can’t access social media and other distracting sites
11. Set a timer to go off at 30 minute intervals to focus on one activity and take a short 1 minute break to refocus
12. Take a proper break after 2 hours for 10-20 minutes and dance to your fave song, do some pushups, get out in the fresh air
13. Ask yourself “is what I’m doing right now getting me closer to what I want to achieve.
14. Know what you’re looking to achieve – what does finished look like?
15. Play motivating upbeat music while working to keep your energy levels high
16. Keep an idea book to dump your distractions in, and come back to them a week later
17. Keep a journal of WHAT you have achieved – either in a notebook or I recommend online journal Penzu
18. Work out what is important and what isn’t
19. Stop procrastinating and just DO it!
20. Throw out the TV – literally bury it in your back garden
21. Turn off the internet. If you’re writing or creating go to a coffee shop that has no internet
22. Outsource – have someone else design your blog in 2 days instead of you taking 3 weeks.
23. Don’t say should, say “I will”. Think like Yoda `There is no try, there is only do or do not’
24. Don’t answer the phone. Literally. If it’s important they’ll leave a message
We also talked about the importance of instilling a productive mindset into children. Here are a 5 techniques that adults can pass down to children to teach habits of productivity. Click, HERE to read the article from productivity.com.