Do you know the real power of the onion? On Monday’s show, we shared the exceptional benefits of onions – for your health and skin!
Check out this list of 43 benefits of the smelly, but very powerful onion!
Click HERE for the full article.
Here are some of our favorite benefits:
- Onions have antibiotic, antiseptic, antimicrobial and carminative properties to help you stay away from infections.
- Onions are rich in sulphur, fibers, potassium, calcium, vitamin B, vitamin C and they are low in fat, cholesterol and sodium. Here is a detailed Onion Nutrition chart:
3. It is an immediate cure for fever, common cold, cough, sore throat, allergies, etc. A mixture of onion juice and honey can cure these problems easily.
4. A small piece of onion can work against side effects of fever if it is kept on the forehead.
5. An onion a day can cure insomnia or sleeping disorders. This will surely give you a good night’s sleep.
6. Onions can improve the digestive system. If you have a digestion problem, then onions can cure it by increasing the release of the digestion juices.
7. Onion juice can cure burnt skin or an insect bite or a bee bite. It may burn more but it can heal it very effectively.
8. You can protect yourself from osteoporosis and atherosclerosis by consuming onions daily.
9. Onions increase the insulin in the body and also treat diabetes by controlling the sugar levels in the blood.
10. The bad cholesterol that causes heart problems can be burnt or removed if an onion is consumed daily. It keeps you safe from the coronary diseases and also protects the good cholesterol.
11. One of the well-known tricks to remove dark patches or pigments on your face is to apply onion and turmeric juice on that area.
12. Onions cure menstrual disorders. Raw onions should be consumed before a few days of the beginning of your cycle.
13. Use onion juice on the hair or the scalp to get rid of lice and hair fall. This is one of the most prominent of onion benefits for hair.
14. Onions contain water, protein, fats, starch, fibers, minerals, calcium, vitamin C, iron and B complex. You should consume between 100 – 150 grams of onions in any form depending on your likes and dislikes.
This humble vegetable can provide you with a healthy and glowing skin, thanks to the presence of rich amounts of the antioxidant vitamins A, C and E. Both the consumption and the topical application of onions can provide numerous benefits to your skin.
Click HERE for the full article with more skin and hair benefits.
Overnight wonder: Put an onion in your sock before going to bed.
This trick sounds too good to be true. It’s a 100% natural way to detox your body without actually having to do anything. That’s because you can literally do this cleansing trick in your sleep! The secret is in our feet, and in a particular vegetable that has some very special properties.
Click HERE to see the video!