Good morning! We had lots of fun Superbowl facts sports and great music this morning to get you going! Check them out below!
Superbowl Did You Knows…
- The Patriots’ last-second victory over the Seahawks in Super Bowl 49 was the most watched telecast in television history. The 49th Super Bowl was viewed by 114.4 million viewers. Katy Perry and the infamous Left Shark’s halftime show at Super Bowl XLIX drew more viewers than the game itself. Her performance was watched by 118.5 million people.
- The NFL might be an American sport, but Super Bowl Sunday is worldwide. The big game is broadcast around the globe in 34 different languages.
- Back in 1967 and 1968, the big games weren’t broadcasted live, and the only known footage of them was thought to have been erased. Luckily, a single fan was found to have recorded the events, preserving the Super Bowls for posterity.
- Although many games have been close, there has never been a Super Bowl to reach overtime.
- Super Bowls are known for their commercials, and in 2014, a 30-second ad cost $4.5 million!
- The Lombardi Trophy is awarded to the winner of the Super Beach each year. It is made by Tiffany & Co. and weighs seven pounds, stands 21 inches tall and is worth $25,000, and players on the winning team take home $97,000 per person, while each losing player pockets $49,000.
- After his Colts defeated the Bears in Super Bowl XLI, Tony Dungy became the first African-American coach to win a Super Bowl.
Chase Daniel is the backup quarterback for the Philidelphia Eagles, and he’s doing some really incredible things for his team. Chase hosts a Bible study for couples weekly, there’s a weekly Bible study that happens at the practice facility, as well as prayer sessions among the teammates the night before they play a game. Daniel told ESPN: “This is by far the most spiritual team I’ve been on.” You can read the whole story from Relevant Magazine here!
Bethany Hamilton is another brave athlete taking on the world, and Hamilton has overcome quite a lot. When she was 13, she lost her arm to a tiger shark and thought her career as a surfer was over. In 2007, she realized her dream of surfing professionally and since then her story has been told in a New York Times best-selling autobiography and in the 2011 film, SOUL SURFER. Read more about Bethany Hamilton here!
Tim Tebow is also another athlete who is making a difference. Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God’s love, for people with special needs ages 14 and older. On one night, February 10, 2017, churches from around the world will host Night to Shine for thousands of honored guests and we want you to be a part of it! If you’d like to learn more about Night to Shine, click here!
Our Morning Thing Game of the Day today was Name that Artist!
Our clue today was: This band is originally from Portland, Oregon, and their original name was ‘Call Box’.The band was Kutless, and congratulations to our winner Karstyn of Mt. Vernon who guess correctly! She received a $5 gift certificate to Southside Diner!