The Fredericktown Christmas Walk is this Saturday from 3-7pm. This will be a great way to get into the holiday spirit.
Marcy Rinehart of The Morning Thing talked with Cecilia McClelland about the 2016 Fredericktown Christmas Walk. There are SO many fun activities for families. The best part is that all proceeds benefit the Knox County Food for the Hungry drive.
Click HERE https://soundcloud.com/wnzr/sets/the-fredericktown-christmas-walk-supports-food-for-the-hungry to hear their conversation.
Join WNZR in downtown Fredericktown this Saturday, December 3rd for the 16th Annual Fredericktown Christmas Walk. The Christmas Walk is on a NEW day and time – Saturday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Come experience the spirit of what Christmas is all about!
The Walk Committee invites everyone to attend and mark the beginning of the Christmas season, while supporting local charities that provide food and financial services to area residents. All activities will support Food for the Hungry! All donations will help the work of Interchurch Social Services and the Salvation Army and all donations will stay in Fredericktown!
There is SO much to do and SO much to see:
- Ice Sculpture Demonstrations
- Central Ohio Draft Horse Association Wagon Rides around the Christmas light display at Sockman Park
- Crafts, Food and Specialty Vendors will be at the Presbyterian Church (located behind the Gazebo)
- Fredericktown Firefighters Association is excited to be selling beautiful poinsettias at the Masonic Lodge
- Santa’s Toy Shop, Hot Food and Beverages at the Masonic Lodge next door to the Village Office
- Crafts for Kids and the WNZR Photo Booth at the Baptist Church
- Pictures with Santa at First Knox National Bank
- Visit the Historical Society
- Sophia’s Petting Zoo
- Live Musical Groups traveling up and down Main Street, plus performances at the Gazebo
- Mary Elder will be playing her harp in the Presbyterian parlor at 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. There will also be poetry programs to accompany the harpist.
- The annual Food For The Hungry Charity Auction at 3 p.m. in the Senior Citizen Building
- You can also purchase a collectable ornament at the Presbyterian Church. Our ornament this year will honor the Fredericktown FFA, designed by local artisans, Jim and Scarlett Crane. The FFA jacket, worn nationally, was adopted in 1933 and designed by Fredericktown’s own: Gus Litner.
- Look for Big Blue in front of the Village Office
Don’t miss this FUN event for families on Saturday, December 3rd from 3 p.m. – 7 p.m. in Fredericktown.
Stop by to register to win a great family prize basket!
The “Clean Up, Dress Up and Batter Up” prize basket includes:
- An entire house cleaning from Carefree Cleaning Company. Amy Kessler gives you 4 hours of house cleaning! (Valued at $100)!
- TWO – 1 month individual batting cage memberships at SportPro Physical Therapy and Baseball/Softball Clinic (located at 7084 Newark Road in Mount Vernon). This one month batting cage membership entitles an individual to unlimited tokens during business hours for an entire month. You can use one membership for you AND bless someone else with a wonderful gift. (Valued at $78)
- $25 gift certificate for Premier Designs Jewelry with Amberly Frye
- Plus WNZR goodies including chip clips, hand fans, cups, Frisbees, guitar flyswatters and more!
The prize package is valued at over $200.00!
The winner will be drawn at 6:30 p.m.
Celebrate Christmas this Saturday with WNZR in Fredericktown!