It’s Back To School Week on the Morning Thing!
Today, we kicked off the week by sharing some tips on how to get your kids out the door faster. You can find the full list of tricks by clicking HERE.
Did you know that the National Sleep Foundation recommends that school-age get 9-11 hours of sleep each night?! Here’s some tips from Faith Gateway on how to make sure your kids are getting a good amount:
Establish consistent schedules throughout the day that include regular bedtimes to help our children naturally wind down at the end of the day.
Develop enjoyable bedtime routines that our children look forward to each evening. In addition to teaching them essential life skills such as how to bathe and brush their teeth, we also should include fun but calming activities such as listening to soothing music or reading a favorite book – preferably one that will help them feel loved and at peace!
Create safe and comfortable environments that are relaxing and inviting to our children. For example, we can install night lights to calm frazzled nerves when they are afraid of the dark and provide plush animals when they need to be comforted by a bedtime buddy.
We wrapped up the show with some scriptures that can help comfort children if they’re anxious about starting the new school year.
- When you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet. – Proverbs 3:24
- I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. – Psalm 3:5
- In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety. – Psalm 4:8
- For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways… – Psalm 91:11
- My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip – He who watches over you will not slumber;
Indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. – Psalm 121: 2-4
- The Lord will keep you from all harm – He will watch over your life. – Psalm 121: 7
For Meet The Team Monday, we highlighted some members of Team USA who are Christians. You can read all about them over HERE.
Have a great week!
-Jess & Marcy