Today, The Morning Thing shared a 2016 Knox County Fair Preview.
The 168th Knox County Fair starts this weekend in Mount Vernon.
Admission and rides are free tomorrow night (7/23) starting at 6 pm. Harness Racing will take place at the grandstand and TaVaci students will be performing on the Midway Stage.
Sunday will begin with a morning worship service at 8am and the Opening Ceremony at 11am where the Junior Fair King and Queen will be announced. The 24th Annual Little Miss Knox County will begin at 2pm on the Midway Stage. The NTPA Regional National Truck & Tractor Pull starts at 7pm.
General admission to the fair is $7 for ages 9 and up. Kids 8 and under get in free and seniors get in for $3 before 5pm with their Golden Buckeye Card.
The complete schedule is available online at www.knoxcountyfair.org.
WNZR will be live at the fair on Saturday from 6pm – 9pm and from 2pm – 10pm on Sunday.
Cook-offs start fair
The Knox County Lamb and Pork Cook-off will both be held Sunday at the Fairgrounds.
The lamb cook-off is right after the sheep lead-in at 1pm just outside the swine arena. The pork cook-off starts at 3pm in the same place.
For the pork cook-off, entries must prepare the pork at home and bring it to the fairgrounds with a way to heat it. Entries may use any cut of pork, but the recipe must accompany the dish.
Entrants will be placed in two categories, Youth, ages nine to 17, and Adult, ages 18 and over. First prize is $25 and second is $15.
Entry forms are due today to the Knox County OSU Extension Office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WNZR is giving away AMAZING prizes during this year’s Fair.
Click HERE to see our prizes for Kids (10 and under), Students (11 – 17) and Adults (18+).
Our Adult Prizes are the biggest prizes that we give away all year! Click HERE to see more about what you would receive if you won a fully processed hog with WNZR at the Knox County Fair.
WNZR is also honored to bring you coverage of the 2016 Sale of Champions. Click HERE for more details about this year’s broadcast.
Are you participating at any show at the Knox County Fair? Are your kids or grand kids involved? Please stop by Big Blue and talk to us! We want to tell your story. The WNZR tent is located near the Fair Board office, right next to the rides and games. WNZR will be at the Fair all week bringing you show results and highlights of all the activities, plus we’ll feature some amazing kids and tell the stories of our Knox County 4-H participants.
Good luck to our amazing Knox County youth that are participating in the 2016 Knox County Fair.
Over 1,150 Knox County youth will be participating in shows and exhibits at the Knox County Fair.
In 2016, there will be 1,634 projects at the Fair, 600 kids will be showing 1,315 animal projects. The WNZR staff supports their hard work and will be cheering them on. Listen to WNZR all during Fair week for show results and highlights of everything on the schedule. Our Fair coverage starts at 2pm each day!
For our Morning Thing Fave today, we came up with the 5 things that we are most excited about at the Knox County Fair.
1. Food – we loved pulled pork nachos, porkettes, deep fried buckeyes, Velvet Ice Cream (Marcy loves Moose Tracks), french fries…oh yeah! We are hungry!
2. Rides – Zero Gravity, Swings, the Big Slide, the spinning dragons…there is so much to do at the Fair!
3. Animals – You can see rabbits, goats, turkeys, cows, chickens, pigs, llamas, horses and some amazing kids showing these animals. We encourage you to see a show where the kids are working with their animals in the show arena.
4. Games – There is a huge variety of games that you can play at the Fair. Parents – you might want to set a budget with your kids before you get to “Game Row”. 🙂
5. Family Fun – Every day at the Knox County Fair brings a new adventure for families. We love seeing families laughing and having fun together on the fairgrounds. Take a day or two, come out and enjoy all of the activity. Spending time together as a family is the BEST activity!
We hope to see you and your family at the Knox County Fair!
It’s On The Road with Big Blue – Prizes and Family FUN, all year long!