It is a special holiday weekend. Are you ready for Memorial Day on Monday?
The Big Blue Crew will be in Mount Vernon’s Memorial Day Parade on Monday. Click HERE for more information on the parade route. We hope to see you there.
The village of Fredericktown will have a flag raising and laying of the wreath on the east side of the Square at 9:45 a.m. and a parade at 10 a.m. beginning at Forest Cemetery. There will also be a program to conclude the event in the Cemetery.
Danville Memorial Day activities include a parade from the Square to Memorial Park at
10 a.m. and a speaker at Memorial Park after the parade.
62% of people barbecue for the holiday.
If you are having friends or family over for a cookout on Monday, check out these wonderful party ideas. Click HERE for ideas for centerpieces, tablescapes and candles.
Don’t forget to wear your sunscreen. Today (5/27) is National Sunscreen Day. Be informed! We found 8 little-known facts about sunscreen. Make sure that you are informed as you head out into the summer sun. Click HERE to read these startling facts.
A BIG part of the Memorial Day celebration will center around food! The Morning Thing crew shared our favorite Memorial Day foods for our Fave 5:
1. Eddie Dilts loves macaroni salad. Click HERE to hear his thoughts.
2. Wesley Boston loves his Mom’s rainbow jello. Click HERE to hear more about this recipe.
3. Marcy Rinehart loves the perfect grilled hot dog. Click HERE to hear Marcy’s description of “perfectly grilled”.
4. Jessica Wells loves cheesy potatoes and begs Marcy to make her secret recipe. Click HERE to hear the recipe (it’s not a secret). 🙂
5. Aubrey Bailey loves ALL picnic items. She is easy to please at your BBQ table. She loves hamburgers, potato salad, macaroni salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob – basically anything that appears on the picnic table.
Have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!