We wrapped up Love Week with a message for singles – CELEBRATE!
Are you single on this Valentine’s Day? No problem, the bible gives direction on how to lead out of your singleness. Click HERE to learn what the bible says about single.
We also explored the science behind kissing. There are benefits!
Dr. Harold Katz, America’s Bad Breath Doctor and Founder of TheraBreath (www.therabreath.com) offers some facts on why kissing offers such a rush.
• Kisses elevate your blood pressure, make your heart beat faster and send blood all throughout your body. All this activity makes it easier for you to get excited.
• A variety of studies have shown that couples who kiss regularly tend to live longer. Even a quick good-bye kiss before leaving home can have huge benefits.
• Kissing makes you feel happy, positive and less stressed because it releases endorphins and oxytocin. Our lips are super-sensitive and have approximately 10,000 nerve endings – and that’s why we love kissing so much.
• According to a University of Albany study, open-mouth kissing transfers testosterone. Men move toward open-mouth kissing faster than women because men want to share their testosterone and thereby increase their partner’s libido as quickly as possible.
• Kissing is good for your teeth. The anticipation of a kiss increases the flow of saliva to your mouth and gives your teeth a plaque-dispersing bath.
• The mouth is full of bacteria… and when two people kiss, they exchange between 10 million and 1 billion bacteria. Yikes! Remember to brush, rinse and floss!
Happy Valentine’s Day from The Morning Thing. Remember that YOU are LOVED!
John 3:16New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Photo from http://simplyblessed.heartsdeesire.com/