This morning on the Morning Thing, we turned our focus to Dad in celebration of the upcoming Father’s Day.
We started off by sharing five characteristics of a Godly Man with scripture to go along.
1. Step Up: Lead, Initiate, Be a man of action. Ezekiel 22:30
2. Speak Out: Be courageous, Speak the truth in love. Proverbs 27:5-6
3. Stand Strong: Don’t give in when you are attacked, challenged, or criticized. 1 Peter 5:8-9
4. Stay Humble: Don’t think less of yourself, think of yourself less. 1 Peter 5:5-7
5. Serve The King: Seek first His Kingdom, His Glory, His Righteousness. Matthew 6:33
We also shared grilling tips for those summer cookouts! Perfect for dads and all others who love to grill. These included the debate against gas or charcoal grilling, the importance of getting the grill hot, a tip on when to brush off debris from previous cookouts, and more. All 13 tips are in the link below.
And now that we’ve talked about grilling tips, here are some recipes that you can try!
Grilled Sweet Potatoes – http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_sweet_potatoes/
Grilled Romaine Lettuce – http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_romaine_lettuce/
Grilled Corn on the Cob – http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/grilled_corn_on_the_cob/