We talked about a lot of different topics on Thursday’s show.
6/4 is National Hug your Cat Day! We found 99 interesting facts about cats! Cat lovers, you will LOVE to look through this list.
6/4 is also Applesauce Cake Day. Here is a yummy recipe to try.
June is National Candy Month. So, we found 2 amazing, yummy recipes using candy! Have fun in the kitchen with these!
We also shared some good news about Operation Christmas Child.
- Operation Christmas Child continues to hand-deliver the nearly 10.5 million gift boxes which were collected this past season;
- This massive undertaking, taking place in over 100 countries, is resulting in 3 million children participating in Operation Christmas Child’s 12-lesson discipleship program- “The Greatest Journey”;
- It is very possible that your shoebox gift has not only resulted in bringing “Great Joy” to a child, but also, the child who received your shoebox may very well be being discipled in how to continue their journey of faith. This is certainly good news!
- Remember, it’s never too early to begin packing your shoeboxes.
- For more information on how you or your church can become involved in packing shoeboxes or volunteering on an area team, please visit the Samaritan’s Purse website at samaritanspurse.org.
- Simple Gifts are bringing Good News and Great Joy to the children of the world!
Operational Christmas Child Spiritual Impact Story from Fiji
“During a distribution trip, the Samaritan’s Purse team members from Australia and New Zealand as well as the leadership team participated in a special prayer service. On the first night of the prayer service, many Hindu people were healed in Jesus’ name and five people gave their life to Christ. One of those people now attends Grace Samaritan Church with her daughter. Both of them will be baptized soon. A little girl who had received a shoebox and participated in the prayer service started going to church each week. On the second night of the prayer service the gentleman who owned the building they were meeting in, a believer who had helped with the distributions that weekend, decided to surprise everyone with a large meal. He told the team that God had blessed his family with the space needed for the distributions and the prayer meeting. When he saw how happy the Hindu children and their families were, the Holy Spirit urged him to provide the meal for everyone. All of these things that are happening in the Hindu community is because of God using the shoeboxes to impact the lives of children and their families, especially those who don’t know Jesus Christ.”
We also shared good news about The Escape Zone.
Click on this link to hear the conversation about their 15th anniversary.
You are invited to the celebration at First Friday 6/5 from 6 to 9pm.
The 300 block of South Main Street will be transformed into a carnival atmosphere with great food, fun, and games for the whole family. Games will be hosted by volunteers and teens who regularly attend the Escape Zone.
The community is also invited to a Chamber of Commerce ribbon-cutting ceremony at 4:00 to celebrate recent renovations and upgrades to the center.
The Escape Zone is open every Friday evenings from 7 to 11. The center is operated on a total volunteer basis and is donor supported by individuals, churches and organizations.