Today we shared our conversation with two of the people involved with the Mount Vernon Soccer Association- Coach Emmanuel Kladias and President John Deever. They shared all about what their organization is and how people can get involved in their tryouts on June 13th. You can listen to the entire interview here: https://soundcloud.com/wnzr/sets/mount-vernon-soccer-association
And if you are going to play soccer or just watch it, you’ll probably want to put on sunscreen. Why you ask? Just take a look at this list from Dr. Wendy Roberts, a board certified dermatopathologist who let us know the benefits of a little lotion or spray.
1. The ozone layer is depleting and your body needs shielding from harmful rays.
2. Skin cancer rates are on the rise and sunscreen has been proven to decrease the development of skin cancer.
3. It helps to prevent facial brown spots and skin discolorations.
4. It also helps to reduce the appearance of facial red veins and blotchiness.
5. It slows down the development of wrinkled, premature aging skin.
Dr. Roberts also answered several questions about sunscreen, including “What is your expert take on spray on sunscreen?” and “What about the need for obtaining Vitamin D from the sun?” To get all the information you can check out the original article at the link below. Be sure to stay safe this summer with proper sun protection!