PTLIF stands for Praise the Lord it’s Friday.
We celebrated today by announcing our birthday and anniversary winners of the week.
Congratulations to Donna Smith – our birthday winner of the week. Donna wins a 7 inch birthday cake from Ferrari Baking Company. Donna celebrated her birthday on Monday 4/20.
Congratulations to Debbie and Mike Nauman – our anniversary winning couple this week. The Naumans win an 8 X 10 color portrait from Seavolt’s Studios. The Naumans are celebrating their 33rd anniversary TODAY 4/24. Happy Anniversary Mike & Debbie!
We also wrapped up Drama/Theater week by sharing our Morning Thing Fave 5.
In honor of Drama – we came up with a list of 5 dream roles – the characters we would most love to play on stage!
- Wesley would love to play Hamlet because he loves Shakespeare. Hamlet is his favorite play from Shakespeare. The character has a lot of levels and emotions that would be fun to explore.
- Faith would love to play Annie because it was the first play she ever saw. Annie’s character is energetic and truly cares about others.
- Jenna would love to play Anna from Disney’s “Frozen on Ice”. She loves the innocent and sweet personality of the character. Plus, she wants to learn how to ice skate.
- Marcy would love to play Ms. Hannigan from Annie. She would love to be completely over-dramatic on stage with Ms. Hannigan’s crazy costumes and fun songs.
- Together, we would love to play the cast of The Sound of Music. Marcy can play Maria. Joe would play Captain Von Trapp. Wesley would play Rolf. Jenna would play Liesl. Faith would be Gretl.
We also want to say “Break A Leg” to the cast and crew of these local productions:
The King and I – The musical will be held each night at 7:00pm in the Mount Vernon High School Theater, 300 Martinsburg Road. Tickets are $12 for adults, $8 for children, students and senior citizens. Tickets can be purchased at the door at each performance, online athttp://www.MTVarts.com or by calling Marcy Rinehart at (740) 398-5826. Come support a cast, crew and orchestra of over 70 Mount Vernon students ranging in age from 2nd graders through seniors
American Girls short plays, Tea for Felicity and War on the Home Front – from Orange Barrel Production Company, performed in The Great Room Theater of the Mt. Vernon Developmental Center, 1250 Vernonview Drive.
Seating is limited and tickets must be secured in advance for this FREE event.
Tickets can be reserved on our website at http://www.ohiodrama.com or MTVarts.com. Tickets are also available in person at First Knox National Bank on the square in Mt. Vernon.
Friday, April 24th, 7pm (doors open at 6:30)
Saturday, April 25th, 7pm (doors open at 6:30)
Anon(ymous) – presented by Mount Vernon Nazarene University’s theatre program. Anon(ymous), is a modern adaptation of Homer’s classic epic The Odyssey.
April 24-25, 30, and May 1-2 at 7pm in Thorne Performance Hall.
This event is open to the public. Tickets are on sale now.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $7 for children, and $6 for MVNU students with valid school ID. Tickets may be purchased online at theatre.mvnu.edu, by phone at (740) 397-9000 ext. 1620, or at the box office beginning one hour prior to show time.